Healthy Blackberry Cobbler




I decided to make a trip to Trader Joe's today since I had the day off. I needed groceries and I love how cheap and healthy TJ's is!

As I wheeled my cart past all the yummy fruits and veggies I couldn't help but stare at the plump blackberries… In my mind I saw a delicious Blackberry Cobbler so I snatched them up.


I decided to make a healthier, paleo inspired cobbler so this is the recipe I made up using this recipe as the base:

Blackberry Cobbler

3 cups of fresh blackberries

1 cup almond meal

1/2 cup coconut flour

2 eggs

2 tbsp coconut oil

1 tbsp almond milk

2 packets truvia (or stevia sugar)

2 tbsp protein powder (I use brown rice protein powder)

A drizzle… plus some… of organic honey

Cinnamon to taste (a boatload in my case.. love me some cinnamon)

-----------------
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Pour blackberries into a pie pan/ casserole dish

In a small bowl mix together one egg, almond meal and coconut oil. Shake in a bunch of cinnamon, and stir well. The mixture should be thick and clumpy.

Drizzle some honey on top of blackberries. Then sprinkle 1 packet Truvia on top of blackberries.

By hand, crumble the almond mixture on top of the blackberries…

This is where I changed the recipe..

Then! Mix one egg and coconut flour in a small bowl. Add protein powder and 1 packet Truvia. Mix together. Should look all crumbly!

Sprinkle this "batter" on top of the almond mixture.

Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top and pop into the over for 35 minutes until bubbly and golden brown.


Waaa lahhh you are finished! Let it cool and add a dollop of greek yogurt on top and enjoy!

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment