Disney Adventure Time





Long time, no blog.



I don't even know where to start.

A few months ago, I applied to a job with Disney to work for the Creative Costuming Department - Buying and Sourcing Fabric as an Assistant Costume Buyer. A handful of interviews later, lots of sleepless nights, and lots of anticipation later. I got the job!

If anyone knows me, they know that Disney has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember.

There's a picture of me from when I was little - wearing a red Mickey polo, grinning from ear to ear like a wild bandit, and wearing a "Disney imagineering" badge...


I mean, I guess I've come a long way since that first picture was taken. Including my Mother's sense of style (hint: please look at the buttons glued to that light-switch cover). I suppose you could say that I get my creative side from my genetics ;) It's in my blood, man. Button infested light-switch covers and all. Thanks Ma.  Gosh those bangs are glorious works of art in themselves. *facepalm*



To say I'm excited is an understatement. 

You see, I've been working my tail off the past year-and-a-half at my job as a Men's Assistant Activewear buyer and I've come such a long way -- it was totally bittersweet to give my two weeks on Monday.  I am overflowing with excitement for my new job, but at the same time, it makes me terrified to leave a job behind with the fact that I was going to be promoted in less than 45 days. But guess what? You'll never know if you don't take the plunge. 



Needless to say, I can't wait to move to Anaheim, CA and start my journey by the end of this month.  I found a roommate on Facebook and I can't wait to live in her gorgeous condo with her.

Sometimes you just have to quit your job, sell everything and start from scratch. It's the most freeing feeling in the entire world to know that I get to start over and do what I wanted to do years ago.

You see... when I was a Senior in college, I applied to be in the Disney College Program and I got in. That's right.  I was supposed to move to Florida with the white sandy beaches and the everlasting sun. 
>> This was the final Spring Term of college, and I had planned on never returning. But.. 
Life got in the way, and I made some .. choices to stay because of a boy, and guess what?  I really don't recommend doing that. Dreams beat boys any day. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. 

Next Friday, I'll be jumping for joy as I prepare for the next chapter in my life.
My Disney Adventure.

xoxo
P.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment